[Year 12 SofDev] Solutions to School User Account management

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Sat Oct 29 10:35:34 EST 2011

Hi Folks,

  Sorry for the cross posts but hopefully you will find this useful . If
not, please excuse the announcement.

As a long time network manager I have grappled with how to keep user
databases up to date where there are

.         New students and teachers  - is my account ready yet ? No , just
look on with someone else until we add you to the network

.         Students and teachers who leave  - who is this user ? Oh she left
2 years ago. Should we delete the account ?

.         Multiple servers and databases  - Windows, Linux, multiple
physical or virtual machines. student welfare and tracking database, etc

.         User permissions for internet, printing,  and other services on
the network

.         Intranet, Internet, Extranet, VPN, remote access and more

I had tried to write scripts to manage, centralize and share all this
information and keep it up to date across all the infrastructure of the
school. This was an onerous task.

If you or your network manager would like to know more about how this
solution can take the hassle out of all the awkward aspects of network user
management please have a look at the information below to find out more . A
solution has been built with an easy to manage interface to make all of this
automatic.

Kind Regards

Kevork Krozian

Edulists Creator Administrator