[Year 12 SofDev] Programming Languages selected for study in SD

Graham, Claudia A graham.claudia.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri May 27 10:13:14 EST 2011

Good Morning all,

As you aware, this year VASS collected information about the programming langauge selected for study in Software Development. I have included some statistics below.

The most significant language group was basic with 84% of schools.

The next highest group is PHP with 7% of schools, then Java and Python with 4%.

Every other language has significantly smaller percentages.

Also I'm happy to report that this year the total number of students undertaking Software Development has increased by 5%, which is the first increase in numbers in many years.

Regard

Claudia

Claudia Graham

VCAA, East Melbourne