[Year 12 SofDev] Pseudocode standards

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Thu May 19 15:38:55 EST 2011

Thanks for the feedback, John.  I find the meaning of '=' is clear in
context.  There's a big difference between
A=4
and
IF A=4 THEN...

At least in VB there is.

Actually, the main reason I hate <-- is because it's so difficult to insert
into documents such as exams.  <-- (as plain text) looks like an obscure
"less than and less and less" operator, and the only way I know to insert a
*real *arrow character is to use Wingdings or a codepage from Arial or some
other typeface, which may not supported by all computers.

In Word I use Insert > Symbol but I wonder if that will render properly on
Macs or other platforms.  Can anyone confirm whether Word characters can be
ported?

Let me try to stick a left-arrow here and see if it renders properly on
people's computers... I'm using gMail's rich text editor.

Arial or Calibri - character U+2190 (using Windows Character map) is after
this colon:←
Can everyone see a left arrow?

Cheers
Mark

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

Want a good time? Call 0112358. Ask for Mr Fibonacci.