[Year 12 SofDev] U3O2 module context diagram

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon May 9 15:02:09 EST 2011

I think one of the main problems is that we are looking at software
development through 'SDLC' eyes.  The reason why the context diagram starts
to get out of control, (I feel), is that we start looking at a small part of
the software solution in U3O2 and the entire system is much bigger than
this.  However, it is only the intention of U3O2 that we start prototyping a
small software solution and we need to keep this in mind.  I am not sure
that giving students a context diagram or DFD for U3O2 is the best move.  It
does help to illustrate the analysis of the system (and that's why it is a
tool to include in a SRS), but the key parts of the SRS for U3O2 are the
functional and non-functional requirements, scope, etc.

(My 2^2c!)

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian Janson B.Sc, Dip.Ed, M.Ed
Director of ICT
Melbourne High School, Forrest Hill, South Yarra, Victoria 3141 Australia.
Phone: 03 9826 0711 International: +61 3 9826 0711
Fax: 03 9826 8767 International: +61 3 9826 8767
E-mail: janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au

Website: http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au <http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au/>

Blog: http://jansona.edublogs.org <http://jansona.edublogs.org/>