[Year 12 SofDev] Sample Exam Questions

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Wed May 4 11:51:58 EST 2011

Hi Again Y¹All

1. Remember that all of the time that yo spend on reading these lists and
pondering the questions, piecing together definitions, posting etc ALL
counts towards the PD hours that VIT will want to see.. So keep some
records.

2.  I do not have as much ICT experience as some of these lists - There are
quite a few people who have more recent and richer ICT experience and much
better quals....

Truly I am happy that the IT study design is much closer to the cutting edge
than it was in the late 90¹s. Especially as we are working with digital
natives.....

I am not confident that I am sure I know what was meant by some things in
the study design and then a few of these sample exam questions have made me
seriously reconsider what I thought I understood.
Then the debate/discussion on these lists raises another set of worries
........... about the students out there; about whether every IT teacher in
the state reads all of this; about whether if we develop a common
understanding does vcaa and the exam writers and the exam markers share that
common understanding.

And what if some teachers disagree (or the exam setters disagree) - who is
right (or correct or valid or authentic)....? Where does that leave our
students?

Given that teaching is a non-trivial profession and that we are entrusted
with delivering learning rich environments to students who trust us to do
the best for them so that they can achieve their personal bests and have the
best possible choices for themselves in their future careers  THEN  WHY ARE
WE SO UNCERTAIN about what is ³going on² ?

As ICT moves from being a creative art form into  a formalised environment
it has become beset with rules and conventions
Do you feel that you understand them all?

Many more need to contribute to that understanding  - not just teachers in
Victoria and not just teachers...

Andrew
    ( as I leap off my soap box and return to the correction that I am
avoiding...)

Andrew Shortell

mailto:shortell at get2me.net
Heidelberg Teaching Unit