[Year 12 SofDev] yet another UCD

Timmer-Arends timmer at melbpc.org.au
Fri Feb 11 18:13:19 EST 2011

Hello Michael

I may be mis-interpreting here but
'the direction of flow is obvious from the relationships'
suggests that lines in UCDs show a flow of some kind (data perhaps) and this is NOT the case.

Lines between actor and use case simply show that there is an association or interaction between the two. If there is an arrow head (at the use case end) then it shows which actor is initiating the use case (optional).

Lines between use cases (dotted arrows) show an association between use cases with the direction of the arrow giving an indication of which is the 'base' use case (which, confusingly is the opposite for include and extend)

Apologies if my interpretation of your text is incorrect.
Regards
Robert T-A
Brighton SC