[Year 12 SofDev] Rivers Window Tinting Use Case diagram

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Wed Feb 9 09:35:18 EST 2011

Thanks Paula.  I did read the scope FAQ, and it was helpful. It was good to
see these issues being addressed explicitly and early.
What I was thinking about related more to UCD *style* rather than scope.

For example, in the Rivers Window Tinting UCD, should there be a use case
for an Installer actor and an "Install Tinting" use case?  Although it's not
part of the system, it has been argued that it does lead to a system
connection with the customer approval and payment use cases, so it should be
there.  (The argument came from a recent IT graduate who did a *lot* of UCD
work at uni.)

It would be nice if we had some basic agreed style rules for UCD as we do
for DFD. e.g. "Always include the system boundary box."  "Always label
association lines if more than one actor is involved".

It would be excellent if authoritative sample exam questions set a preferred
style for UCD so they didn't have to evolve organically over time.

Regards
Mark

kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au