[Year 12 SofDev] 2D array - 2 problems in a day!

Travis Parker Travis.Parker at beaconhills.vic.edu.au
Fri Aug 26 15:13:24 EST 2011

Dear all,

After Shane's great reply earlier, I got my program working well, splitting the strings and writing them to text files. I decided to change it up (And to meet the criteria of "Using advanced data structures") to read into a 2D array.

It steps through the loops the required amount of times, and has the right number of elements in the 2D array (I have done some checking with message boxes etc), however all fields seem to be blank. If anyone has a minute or two and can look over my problem (vb.net 2010 file attached) it would be most appreciated.

By the way, if you are thinking how weird it is that my program is called "Awesome Academy" then you probably want an explanation: "Señor Parker's Awesome Academy" (No relation, however the image is my face on Barney Stinson) and the blurb for students is as follows:

Señor Parker's Awesome Academy (SPAA) is a training facility for university students who study IT to assist them with getting away from the PS3 and out into the real world. Señor Parker himself has degrees in Psychology, Sociology and a Masters in Human Behaviour. He has made it his life's work to help IT students integrate into normal society so that they may lead happy and fulfilling lives.

All the program does is manage the list of applicants for the course (Which is quite long, as you can imagine!).

If anyone can help then it would be most appreciated!

Cheers

Trav

PS. If you would like my entire SAC, just email me off-list: travis.parker at beaconhills.vic.edu.au