[Year 12 SofDev] Insight Practice Exam 2010

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Thu Oct 7 12:50:35 EST 2010

Is it not better to have a practice exam that is harder than the likely real
one? After all I, for one, would be reluctant to give my students false
confidence.

If you look at the amount of time the course spends on algorithms,
programming, desk checking etc then this exam was only slightly over
represented (if at all?). If you look at the previous nineteen years of
exams in this subject you will see that the amount of programming in the
course in the course has hardly reduced but the amount  on the exam and the
complexity of the programming on the exam has ³changed².

my thrippence worth

Andrew Shortell
Wallan SC