[Year 12 SofDev] Use Case dilemma (s)

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Tue Nov 23 08:24:27 EST 2010

Hi folks,

I have attached a Use Case from Wikipedia and also used in Mark's brilliant
online notes. I have discussed it with contacts at tertiary level and there
is uncertainty about the representations.

Firstly, there are a number of use cases within the system that do not have
any data processing yet appear eg. Eat food, cook food, drink wine.

Thinking back to DFDs each process has to have data processing underpinning
eg. Deliver order is not a valid process unless there is a data component
such as deliver invoice OR pay invoice or transfer money is not a process
unless it is to request receipt or update invoice.

I hope I am making sense. The consensus is that these use cases are not part
of the system.

Secondly, the arrows on includes and extends are in reverse positions . Has
anyone given any thought as to why that is ??

Speak soon

Kevork Krozian

Edulists Creator Administrator

www.edulists.com.au