[Year 12 SofDev] SD Exam - Question 4

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Wed Nov 17 13:44:53 EST 2010

Null  - if there is nothing then what is the point in proceeding further
Type ­ if there is other than numbers then no point in doing any other
checks
Length ­ no point in checking the database if there is incorrect number of
digits
Existence ­ checking the database is a significant step which goes outside
of the current program to an external source

I have not yet seen the exam.. It is not offered here but as a teacher of
IS/SoD for a few years and lectured to 3rd year programmers this is how I
would approach it.

Effectiveness in terms of why go to the next step when it has failed a
step...
It would be pretty silly to put it in the reverse order would n¹t it...
Check against the database before you even know if anything has been
entered? Etc

Andrew

--
Andrew Shortell