[Year 12 SofDev] RAD, Agile

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Wed Apr 28 20:37:18 EST 2010

In the open source programming world, I'm aware of teams using SCRUM and
also codesprints and hackfests or hackathons
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_(development)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprint_(software_development)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hackathon

But those are focussed around team process there's also a lot of solo
coding going on too so it might be interesting to look at issue queues
and online distributed version control systems.

Perhaps take a look at the Drupal issue queue for insight into
development of a large scale web application.

http://drupal.org/project/issues/

The Drupal project has just released alpha4 of the next major version of
Drupal, so it's a good time to take a look at what's going on there.
Drupal is built on the LAMP stack.

Also worth checking out...
 https://launchpad.net/
 http://code.google.com/