[Year 12 SofDev] IPO charts

Sandra Mobbs smobbs at sjcmelb.catholic.edu.au
Fri Sep 11 21:27:58 EST 2009

Hi All

I have been told that I am doing IPO charts (and teaching how to do IPO charts) incorrectly. For an IPO chart for creating an invoice, I would have used:

Input - invoice date, Cust Name etc, quantities, prices
Processing - generate invoice number, calculate GST and total for invoice, generate invoice
Output - invoice

I have been told that 'invoice' in the output column is not enough in software development, I have to include what details will be on the invoice so that input can be determined.

Could someone clear this up for me and maybe provide an example. Because some of the textbook examples use smaller tasks I am not quite sure now. I would like to be sure before we start revision after the hols.

Thanks

Sandra Mobbs
VCE IT and Business Management Teacher
St Joseph's College Melbourne