[Year 12 SofDev] Exam - Section C - Discussion

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Nov 13 13:27:34 EST 2009

Agree.

GB is definitely Gigabytes and Gb is definitely Gigabits.  The context does
inform the unit though - for example, even though in SBQ4 it does say '4 Gb
RAM' - you would not be talking about 'bits' in the context of RAM.
Likewise in SCQ3 - '40 Mb' for a file size - would be Megabytes as opposed
to Megabits.  Although it is probably easier for us to be comfortable with
errors like this and less so for students who are a little unsure (and wary
of trick - or "tricky" questions).

Cheers,

Adrian