[Year 12 SofDev] A tip for all users -- from the Administrator

Fatima Nazar fnazar at sfx.vic.edu.au
Wed May 6 08:52:23 EST 2009

Thanx Kevork

Fatima

________________________________

From: sofdev-bounces at edulists.com.au
[mailto:sofdev-bounces at edulists.com.au] On Behalf Of Kevork Krozian
Sent: Wednesday, 6 May 2009 12:10 AM
To: Year 12 IT Applications Teachers' Mailing List
Subject: [Year 12 SofDev] A tip for all users -- from the Administrator

Hi folks,

  Recently we migrated to a brand new email system at my school ( from
Groupwise to Outlook ).

I acquired a brand new email address. Then a thought struck me - what
about all me edulists subscriptions ????

1) How will I remember which lists I am on ?

2) How will I change all the email addresses ?

3) How do I change my subscription options as I need a password ??

 After a strong cup of coffee and a bit of calm all the answers came to
me:

1) I don't have to as the system remembers all your subscriptions if you
request a change globally

2)  You don't have to , as the system does it for you once you request
one change and click on set globally.

3) You don't need to remember your password as a reminder is emailed if
you click on Options , then Reminder by sending it to your email
address.

I have attached a screen grab as a reference to help anyone else in
need.

Within options there are many other goodies. Eg. How to suspend mail
delivery to your account without unsubscribing so as to avoid the Out of
office replies coming through.

All very handy to make our information overload lives just that little
bit easier.

Best Wishes

Kevork Krozian
kevork at edulists.com.au
www.edulists.com.au
Tel: 0419 356 034

supported by
http://www.vitta.org.au/vce/studies/infotech/softwaredevel3-4.html
<http://www.vitta.org.au/vce/studies/infotech/softwaredevel3-4.html%20%2
0>  - Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority and
http://www.vitta.org.au - VITTA Victorian Information Technology
Teachers Association Inc