[Year 12 SofDev] U3O2 and U4O1 Janno's Paella Barn

Jolly, Michael D Jolly.Michael.D at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Aug 3 10:51:59 EST 2009

Adrian, I did as you suggested and almost everything is working. Thanks.

I am trying to duplicate Chapter 13 of your book - database example 1.

I have all the code 'clean' except for the 'record update' section which
I am at a loss to fix.

Here is my setup code...

Public Class frmMovies

    Dim cmMovies As CurrencyManager

    Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

        'TODO: This line of code loads data into the
'Movies2003DataSet.Movies' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.

        Me.MoviesTableAdapter.Fill(Me.Movies2003DataSet.Movies)

        MoviesTableAdapter.Fill(Movies2003DataSet.Movies)

        cmMovies = CType(BindingContext(MoviesBindingSource, "Movies"),
CurrencyManager)

        AddHandler cmMovies.ItemChanged, AddressOf cmMovies_ItemChanged

        AddHandler cmMovies.PositionChanged, AddressOf
cmMovies_PositionChanged

        DisplayPosition()

    End Sub

...and here is my 'update' sub-routine...

  Private Sub UpdateDb()

        If MoviesBindingSource.HasChanges Then

            Dim NumberChanged As Integer

            NumberChanged =
MoviesTableAdapter.Update(MoviesBindingSource, "Movies")

        End If

    End Sub

...the first line of the 'update' If, has a syntax error of 'HasChanges
is not a member of 'System.Windows.Forms.BindingSource'',

Also, the expression following the = sign gives a syntax error of
'Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'Update' accepts this
number of arguments.'

I actually managed to debug a lot of other ares of code, but this update
sub has me stumped - any help appreciated muchly!