[Year 12 SofDev] SAC1

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Fri Feb 8 14:22:25 EST 2008

Here is my SD U3O2 which I used last year - at least one is based on the
good works of Adrian, so kudos to him.

My SD tasks underwent VCAA auditing so they have the Housekeeping Seal
of Approval.

I will send my SD U3O1 - as soon as I can find it.  Somehow, I have lost
every copy (electronic and printed!).  I believe I have a rogue copy at
home so I may send it along later.  (Embarrassing!)

Cheers
Mark

andrew barry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I dont have a problem with the solution as i understand it. Some of my
> guys have just started VB.net and I dont believe the can reproduce that
> level of response in 10-13 weeks. They could do the SAC as it is
> written  by the time they do the sac but not the solution to that level
> of detail.
>
> Also I cant view the .VSD file as i cant download MS visio viewer as the
> download is corrupt 2003,2007 ver.
> Has anyone got the DFD diagram for this?
>

> Are there any other SACs around  as i like to have a choice or do i just
> modify what i have?
>

> On 2/8/08, *Adrian Janson* <janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
> <mailto:janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au>> wrote:
>
>     Andrew,
>

>     This really highlights a difficulty for me in providing solutions to
>     SACs.
>

>     I do like to post my SACs to the edulists and each year I receive
>     requests for solutions.  Ultimately, 'solutions' are going to be
>     based on what level of expectation you place on the students in your
>     class.  The important thing is that you grade each SAC in a uniform
>     way and you (and your class) have a clear understanding of what is
>     expected.
>

>     The SAC solution which you are referring to is essentially an
>     amalgam of a number of high level responses received from students
>     in my class.  If you gave this SAC to your class – would you be
>     expecting them to produce an XML file solution in order to achieve
>     full marks?  Absolutely not.  You should use whatever software you
>     have selected and require students to reproduce the skills which you
>     are teaching them.
>

>     Cheers,
>
>     Adrian
>

>     *Adrian Janson, *
>
>     *VITTA President*
>
>     *Director of ICT, *
>
>     Melbourne High School,
>
>     Forrest Hill, South Yarra 3141 Australia.
>
>     Phone: 03 9826 0711 International: +61 3 9826 0711
>
>     Fax: 03 9826 8767 International: +61 3 9826 8767
>
>     E-mail: janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
>     <mailto:janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au>
>
>     Website: http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au <http://www.mhs.vic.edu.au/>
>
>     Blog: http://jansona.edublogs.org <http://jansona.edublogs.org/>
>

>     IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If
>     received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before
>     opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects.
>     Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the
>     negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly
>     from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to
>     resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or
>     opinions expressed in this email are those of the individual sender,
>     and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early
>     Childhood Development.

> [...]

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
McKinnon Rd, McKinnon 3204, Victoria, Australia
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085 Fax +613 9578 9253

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

1. Education is an admirable thing, but remember that nothing that is
worth knowing can be taught - Oscar Wilde
2. I make trouble.  You want some? - Mark Kelly