[Year 12 SofDev] Doubts about a member

Kevork Krozian kevork at edulists.com.au
Sun Apr 27 22:57:17 EST 2008

Hi Robert and Andrew Barry,

 Despite repeated requests from more than one person both on and off list to "Andrew Barry" to identify himself in terms of the school he works at along with his real name if relevant, "Andrew Barry" has simply ignored these emails.
I have reminded "Andrew Barry" of the list netiquette guidelines , specifically item 9 both by confirmation email during subscription and also found on the edulists home page :

9. Always identify his or her self with a clear signature that shows name, location of school ( if applicable ) and capacity in which participating on the list eg. Teacher of the subject , faculty leader, industry representative

Despite very polite, tactful and diplomatic emails, we have had no luck in either getting "Andrew Barry" to comply or to reply to the request.. During confirmation of request for subscription the welcome message states if the prospective member is unhappy about any of the conditions of membership to immediately unsubscribe with link supplied. Again ,  "Andrew Barry" has refused to give the professional courtesy he expects in return, when he has written to the list or helps a debate move along with his input.

Of course there are bigger issues to consume my time as Administrator, or a teacher or a private citizen, especially on a Sunday night or at any other time, but I do feel "Andrew Barry" has disappointed, no annoyed a number of people with his attitude towards this forum.

Therefore, I am removing the account jagguy999 at gmail.com due to netiquette guideline breaches and blocking it from resubscribing. If "Andrew Barry" reappears in another incarnation we'll deal with it then.

What a stupid waste of time to compose this ridiculous email as if I am dealing with a Year 8 student misbehaving.

Good night

Kevork Krozian
Edulists Creator and Administrator
www.edulists.com.au