[Year 12 SofDev] Re: Re: Industry practice - tertiarylinks (MarkKelly)

Steven Bird sb at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Apr 24 09:12:53 EST 2008

Adrian Janson wrote:
> Business is a driver certainly ...

This is an intriguing discussion.  I'd like to follow up on Andrew's question.

Does IT in the VCE play more of a vocational training role than (say)
maths or chemistry?  Don't most people progessing into an IT career
get a tertiary qualification first?  If so, considerations from IT in
business would be relatively minor compared to the regular academic
considerations that guide these other curricula.

-Steven Bird