[Year 12 SofDev] Resource flows in a DFD

Allan Barnes abarnes at aiet.com.au
Tue Apr 15 10:59:45 EST 2008

I agree, and I guess that is where theory merges with the realities of the
real world. You have also alluded in other emails to the fact that there are
often no exact definition of some areas such as the SDLC for example, so I
think some of these concepts need to be explained to students not as the one
and only explanation but as one possible solution.

I still believe that DFD's should not contain physical resources in them
because then by definition it isn't a DFD, but that's just my opinion, but I
do understand the difficulties and frustrations when opening up books and
finding a variety of explanations for the one concept.

Kind regards

Allan Barnes, CEO
Australian Institute of Education and Training
P.O. Box 171
Brunswick West 3055
Ph: (03) 9387 2051
FAX: (03) 9387 3470