[Year 12 SofDev] Resource flows in a DFD

Steven Bird sb at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Apr 15 09:44:23 EST 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Adrian Janson
<janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
>  Hmmm... interesting.  I must confess that this is the first time that I have
>  seen one.  In ways it makes a DFD a bit 'muddy' though - making it a mix of
>  physical and logical elements.  Not sure if I like it.  I am not sure if it
>  is industry standard - some others may know?

Data flow diagrams were part of the old "structured design" paradigm,
which isn't popular today.  Our introductory software engineering
subject at Melbourne University used to touch on data flow diagrams in
passing, until about 3 years ago...

Steven Bird
http://www.csse.unimelb.edu.au/~sb/