[Year 12 SofDev] choosing a language for 2008

Shane Dawson shaned at sjc.vic.edu.au
Tue Sep 18 10:44:15 EST 2007

As a new teacher who took over mid year, my class was doing VB.NET. I
have previously used VB6 and will probably go back to it next year as it
is much easier for the students to use. We are trying to teach
programming skills, not coding skills, so I find VB6 to be a much better
tool than VB.NET. It is very different to VB6 and the students found it
hard to code with, and spent a lot more time coding than actual
programming.

Shane Dawson

compassion innovation integrity

St Joseph's College Geelong