[Year 12 SofDev] Gamemaker

Charmaine Taylor tigeroz at alphalink.com.au
Tue Sep 11 23:31:12 EST 2007

We teach games programming in year 10 with VB6. Next year we have 17
enrolled in Software Development (VB.NET). We won't be doing games for
assessment although I might introduce one as a folio piece. We introduce
a range of programming activities similar to what are found in
organisations (yes, I know some organisations create games but we wish
to open their minds to the wondrous variety of opportunity out there. We
find students become quite excited when they solve realistic problems
they can relate to.

Charmaine Taylor
Sunbury Downs College