[Year 12 SofDev] Item in VCAA bulletin

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Tue Jun 19 11:51:59 EST 2007

Hi Mark,

 The wording is no different to that used for 2007.
Visual FoxPro has the GUI aspect in the Visual side of the program
though I am not aware of anyone using it. It is a legacy of the Dbase
fraternity that migrated to Visual Dbase and as FoxPro also became
Visual some were using it in the 90s. I am told Microsoft no longer
develop the product and they purchased Fox Software who created it. It
is described as similar to Access with VBA . Time to remove it perhaps ?

Python, is something I am learning at the moment for my Yr 11 class and
the notes provided by Ross Taylor at the Software Development site on
Edulists claims a few GUIs for it, such as Tkinter ( a GUI module that
comes with Python as standard.  There are plenty of other GUI modules
that you can use with Python, including wxPython and easygui amongst
others.  )

Take Care

Kevork

>>> kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au 19/06/2007 8:39 am >>>
Note page 8 - U4O1 descriptor has been changed.

Features of approved languages for 2008
List of approved languages

I note that one feature expected of an approved language is the ability

to develop a GUI... and I don't believe Python can do that by itself...

interesting.

And FoxPro - from my memories of about 10 years ago - is a database.  I

wonder how it crept in as a full-blown programming language.  Must look

into that.

Mark

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.