[Year 12 SofDev] Difference between VB.Net (Express Edition) andVB.NET

a.hopkins at bcc.vic.edu.au a.hopkins at bcc.vic.edu.au
Tue Jul 31 13:13:29 EST 2007

It may be worth noting that schools can take out a subscription to MSDN-AA
(Microsoft Developers Network Academic Alliance) and then legitimately supply
copies of the full version of VB.NET to those students and staff who
teach/study IT (for home use as well as at school).  It cost my school about
$1400 for the initial year and renewal is between $600-$700 annually (from
memory).  The MSDN-AA brings other stuff, but it was mainly the VB.NET I wanted
in my kids' hands, and my school finds it worthwhile.

I'm not teaching software dev to vce students this year (somewhat sadly) but
make use of it with year 9 and 10 students, some of who enjoy programming and
have taken advantage of the program to get full VB.NET copies to use at home.

Alex Hopkins
Bayside Christian School