[Year 12 SofDev] SiMERR VB.Net programming resource

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Jul 2 10:58:52 EST 2007

Hi everyone,

I have already posted this to the Yr.11 IT teachers list, but this may also
be of interest to some of you.

VITTA and ICTEV have been working for some time and putting together a
resource to support the VCE IT Unit 2 programming folio (primarily),
although this resource could be used across a number of subjects and year
levels.

The SiMERR project is a national project that seeks to explore ways in which
professional development materials can be distributed to rural and regional
areas.  Our focus for this project has been on the VCE IT Unit 2 programming
folio - as we knew that this would be something which teachers in Victoria
would be particularly focused on.

The web site is below:

http://simerr.vitta.org.au/index.html

On the site, you will find six VB.Net Express Edition tutorials and their
solutions - that have been created to be undertaken by students in order
(although the order can be changed, if you wish).  They gradually introduce
students to particular concepts in a way that will hopefully be very
accessible and interesting.  In addition to the tutorials, I am in the
process of creating multimedia presentations that work through each of the
programs step by step.  These presentations are large in size, but can be
downloaded and placed on your school network for your students to access.

Please feel free to make use of this material freely - the only request that
we have is that once you have used / examined the materials, you fill out a
brief survey (the link is on the web-site) that will give us some feedback
on how useful you have found the resource and any suggestions you might have
for additional resources such as this.

In addition to the survey, if you would like to email me to let me know what
you think of the materials - that would be great!

Cheers,

Adrian

Adrian Janson

VITTA President

Director of ICT

Melbourne High School

Forrest Hill, South Yarra

p: (03) 9826 0711

f: (03) 9826 8767

e: jansona at mhs.vic.edu.au

www.mhs.vic.edu.au

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received
in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using
attachments, check them for viruses and defects.  Regardless of any loss,
damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or
not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our
liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any
representations or opinions expressed in this email are those of the
individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education
& Training.