[Primaryit] Young ICT Explorers competition (YICTE)

Shannon Dooley Shannon.Dooley at nicta.com.au
Fri May 1 10:20:18 AEST 2015

Hi all,

My name is Shannon and I work for an organisation called Digital Careers. Our aim here at Digital Careers is to deliver informative and engaging events for students to be involved in and at the same time promote the ICT industry and its diversity.  We also work with authorities and industry to develop Teacher PD where we can.

One exciting event coming up is the Young ICT Explorers competition, which encourages students from years 3 to 12 to create their best Information Communications and Technology project.

The competition is free and aligns with the school curriculum to enable students to apply what they have learnt in the classroom by developing a technology related project of their choice.  Past projects have included mobile phone applications, computer games, websites, animations and robotics.  Students can enter individually or in a team of up to four.

More information on the competition including past winners and competition rules can be found on the Young ICT Explorers website<http://www.youngictexplorers.net.au/> or please view a video<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig6lTr0iNj4> from last year's competition for an insight into student's projects and the judging event.

Event details:
Registrations: Open now and close 26th June 2015. Register as a Teacher here<https://www.conftool.pro/youngictexplorers2015/index.php?page=index>.
Submission deadline: 21st July 2015
Judging event: 29th August 2015
Judging location: Monash University, Melbourne

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Shannon Dooley
Event Coordinator VIC & TAS
Digital Careers

NICTA VICTORIA | 115 Batman Street | West Melbourne VIC 3003 | Australia

T: +61 466 320 203
E: Shannon.dooley at nicta.com.au<mailto:Shannon.dooley at nicta.com.au>
W: www.digitalcareers.edu.au<http://www.digitalcareers.edu.au/>
[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/shananegansd>