[Opensource] Thin client....very cheap computing!

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 11:41:53 EST 2009

Peter,

we use Novell iPrint and it comes with a web based client that can be used
to deploy printers to linux, mac or win desktops .. all just a single click!
Mapping drives is allways an issue but the problem only needs to be solved
once per site. In our case, students increasingly use of USB keys or Novell
NetStorage to access their home directories or save thier work.

Some our federal funding for computers is going towards a Sun Terminal thin
clients that will be running a linux (Novell / Ubuntu) desktop, the rest is
going to NetBooks and MacBooks.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au