[Opensource] Wining about the term break

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 10:34:18 EST 2008

After a frantic two months at work, now having a relaxing day before we
travel North for some camping on the NSW tablelands. One of those sunny
mornings where you just grab another coffee for a second chat on the bench
outside whilst watching the fog slip into the valley. Our tulips are doing
well in the garden. This year we have a mix of red, orange and yellow
spashed across the front of the house.

This is cool .. a wine port to OSX. I have used this before with my Ubuntu
Linux desktop. Never thought to try it out with my Apple MacBook running
OSX. It installs clean and enables me to run several applications in my
bootcamp Windows XP partition, without running Windows! From what I can see,
it just runs the simple applications and some of the better authored open
source applications. Even GameMaker 5 works using this tool. I still have to
get my head around it but this is cool! Perhaps I could get Markbook running
with it :-)

http://darwine.sourceforge.net (original)
http://www.kronenberg.org/darwine/ (different flavour with better font
support)