[Opensource] Call for Volunteers - VITTA conference Nov 23-26

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Sun Nov 9 18:27:16 EST 2008

Hey - thought I would forward this here too...

Are you doing cool things with Open Source at your school?
Would you like to help us out at the VITTA conference and help staff the Linux Australia stand?

It would be great to have Teachers and school technicians, and ICT leaders already using Free and Open Source software talk about what's going on in the real world.

We'd love your help!  If you're already going to the conference, you can help us out during busy times, if not, come along and network with your peers for free!
:)

cheers
Donna
-------------------
Hi all,

Linux Australia has a stand at the Victorian IT Teachers Association
conference to promote the use of FOSS in schools.

The VITTA conference runs from Mon 24 - Wed 26 November at the
Rydges Conference Centre on Bell Street, Preston, Victora
(melbourne northern suburbs - 20 mins from airport)

Stand setup is on the afternoon of Sunday 23rd and packup at the end of
the conference on Wednesday arvo / evening.

We need
 1. people to help set up and pack up the stand (sun & wed arvo)
 2. people to staff the stand over 3 days (rostered in 3-4 hour shifts)
 3. resources
(tables, computers, screens, posters, flyers, demos etc)

I'm doing an Inkscape lab at the conference.
Also speaking:
  Pia and Jeff Waugh - Pillars of Open, OLPC, FOSS top 10
  Brianna Laugher - Wikipedia
  Daniel Jitnah - MythBusting" FOSS and Linux in Schools
  Roland Gesthuizen - Scratch, python, OLPC,
  Stephen Blackwell - Joomla
  Tony Forster - OLPC, game development
  Bryn Jones - Moodle
  Jeremy Stagg - Virtualisation

and probably others I've missed in my quick glance...

Browse the full program online here:
http://archive.vitta.org.au/conference/2008/programme.php

cheers
Donna