[Opensource] Moodle on a USB update

Jack Matthews jack_m_matthews at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 19:10:59 EST 2008

OK, I finally managed to plug my USB server into a Windows 2003 Server.  I tried it out with the students and it worked perfectly, incedently, I checked out how many were able to complete the quiz on a Windows XP machine and it was exactly 10 (hence the 10 connection limit).  This basically means:

1.  You cannot have more than 10 people runnin a quiz from an XP machine without hacking the software
2.  You can run an Apache server from a USB 2 drive and have 25 students running a Moodle quiz without problems (The Server has 2GB ram although I think it would have worked with 512 also).
3. I was using the Server2Go package as my USB server.  This package may also be useful for those witshing to set up web servers with student on their own  USB drive.  I will be doing it with my students soon.

-Jack Matthews

Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT