[Opensource] Moodle Server Specs

Jack Matthews jack_m_matthews at hotmail.com
Mon May 26 19:58:08 EST 2008

Hi

With a bit of tweaking an PHP editing I have finally got a Moodle server running perfectly on a portable USB laptop drive.  This means I can plug it in anywhere an it will start the server.  I can't have a physical server.....long story.

Anyway, here are my questions

I tested out the server with some students today on a Quiz and it did not cope that well.  I had 25 students in the class and the server was running on WIN XP.  I understand that WIN XP has a connection limit.

1.  Will running the server off WIN XP restrict me to 10 connections regardless of what I try? (ie. only 10 people will be able to complete the quiz at a time)
2.  Will running off a USB drive severely harm performance.  (Is is possible to 25 students to complete a quiz from a Server running from a USB laptop drive?)
3.  How much RAM would be desirable for 25 students doing a quiz?

Thanks
-Jack Matthews