[Opensource] Software Freedom Day - support for schools

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Thu May 8 12:00:58 EST 2008

Hey Peter,

Software Freedom Day is September 20 this year.

It would be good to co-ordinate plans to celebrate a little... encourage
more schools to register and run activities.

I was at the education show last year and handed a teacher an OpenCD.
She looked at it, listened to my spiel, and glanced at the brochure.
Then she looked me in the eye and said
 "You're serious?"
 "yep" I said.
 "Why don't more people know about this. It's brilliant".

Yep.  SFD is a great way of getting the word out to more people and
engaging with the community.  But better than that - it really is a
global event.

Who else is planning on running SFD activities this year?

What assistance do you need to do it?

What resistance are you facing?

- Donna

--