[Opensource] Each to his own

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 16:04:27 EST 2008

I agree, open standards is a very reasonable request and goal to work
towards. I just posted something to the Moodle list about digital portfolio
blog that exports any student work using the SCORM standard.

Oddly enough, I had a debate with a staff member who was frustrated that her
precious artwork created in documents with WordArt was no longer supported
by MS. Whilst we made do saving the work as PDF files, she now understands
the narrow time frames built into closed source solutions.

As she left my office, I recalled some of my old cool Apple Hypercard stacks
expired in a digital death on a floppy disk. I would like this to stop
happening and take the attitude by the Australian Library, converting all my
old documents for archive using the open document formats.

Regards Roland

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au