[Opensource] linux.conf.au - education mini-conf Call for Papers

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Thu Sep 6 09:39:43 EST 2007

Hi all, some of you might be interested in this...
please consider forwarding through other networks.

http://www.fossed.org/lca08/cfp.html
linux.conf.au Education mini-conf
University of Melbourne, 28 January 2008.
(Australia Day Holiday)

The Call for Presentations is now open. Presentation may be Full length
or Lightning talks.

Topics

Examples of topics for presentations include (but are not limited to) :

        FOSS Content Management Systems
        One Laptop Per Child
        FOSS, Education and Digital Copyright Issues in Schools
        FOSS and Adult learners
        Edubuntu and Thin Client for schools
        FOSS  - What is happening in India?
        Open Source Content -  Curriki and beyond

Speakers should explain whether they are targetting their talks toward
FOSS-experienced members of the audience or whether their talk is
directed at teachers and others new to the subject.

Full Presentations
Any technical or non technical topic presentations proposed will be
considered. Your presentation can be anywhere between 25 and 50 minutes
in duration. This includes time for discussion or interaction with the
audience.

Facilities will be a lecture with data projector. We request that copies
of slides be made available for publication of the Miniconf Website.
Please note that presentations may also be recorded and redistributed.

Lightning Talks
Lightning talks are short talks/presentations that last no more than 10
minutes. This is a good opportunity to introduce a new project or tool
perhaps to get some experience with presenting without having to go to a
full talk. At the Education Miniconf it is planned that there will be at
least half an hour of lightning talk sessions.

It is intended that the range of topics for lightning talks is broader
than for full level talks.

More information on Lighting talks at the Education Miniconf is on our
Lightning Talks page.

Submitting talks

Please note that in order to give a presentation you must be signed up
for the   main conference

In order to submit a talk please send the following information to
bmp @ fossed.org.

Name:
Email Address:
Company or Affiliation:
Title of talk:
Length of Talk:
Short abstract:
Homepage:

Please note all the above may be published on the miniconf homepage
(email addresses will be obscured). We are happy to answer any questions
or queries regarding presentations that you may have.

Dates and Deadlines
In order to allow professional presentors to apply for leave and/or
funding from their employer to attend the conference we are attempting
to finalise as much of the programme as early as possible. Thus we aim
to publish an initial programme around the end of the November made up
of papers submitted by the 15th of November.

At that stage we hope to have more than half the programme filled at
that date.

Sept 2007 - Call for Presentations distributed
1 Nov 2007 - Deadline for early submissions
15 Nov 2007 - 80% of programme filled from submissions before this date
1 Dec 2007 - Deadline for late submissions
15 Dec 2007 - Final programme published.
28 Jan 2008 - Miniconf Start, See Programme for details.

--
http://linux.conf.au/

linux.conf.au     Donna Benjamin  +61 418 310 414
MEL8OURNE2008     Conference Director
28Jan - 02Feb     donna at mel8ourne.org