[Opensource] Multimedia Distro

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Fri Mar 23 23:03:51 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 18:13 +1100, Adam Barbary wrote:
> Not sure about how many of you are using open source distributions for
> audio and multimedia.
>
> I have friends who have had a lot of success playing with Dyne:bolic
> http://www.dynebolic.org/ and then I was just notified about this
> upcoming release of Ubuntu studio http://ubuntustudio.org  aimed at
> the multimedia market. Looks like exciting times.

oooh shiny!

I didn't know about ubuntustudio - although I have heard of dyne:bolic.

I also didn't know about the svg plugins for GIMP that are mentioned
here...
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/MetapackagesBreakdown

SVG and inkscape are extraordinary - Andy Fitzsimon is doing amazing
things as a graphic designer for RedHat using inkscape and GIMP.

You can view a tutorial he gave at this year's linux.conf.au
 http://lca2007.linux.org.au/talk/32

--
donna benjamin - executive director
http://www.creativecontingencies.com/