[Opensource] chasing the latest and greatest

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Jun 18 15:34:19 EST 2007

That is so contrary to most IT teachers thinking. I had a real battle at
a previous school where the IT Coordinator insisted that the latest
software be purchased at all times. As far as I was concerned the $ for
the new software was the only visible cost. What about the $ that had
been spent on manuals, books, PD, etc etc for the old package?
I was about teaching processes, concepts, he was about teaching the
software and wanting to be at the bleeding edge for bragging rights at
conferences.
Cheers
Cameron