[Opensource] Go Open Source!

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Sun Nov 26 10:27:38 EST 2006

Hi all,

I'm so pleased to see that Kevork has set up this list... Thanks Kevork!

I'm planning a regular face to face get together for educators using, or
interested in learning more about using, Open source software in the
classroom and elsewhere in the education sector.

The aim is to hold a gathering once a term.  At a school. With some
light refreshments. Those familiar with the PCEDUG group meetings will
recognise the format.

I hope to have 2 'talks' per meeting, one from a teacher or school
technician talking about implementation, lesson plans, opensource
experiments, and one from a member of the Australian open source
community.

Anyone interested in hosting our first meeting?

Key events for Open Source in Education...
 - Education mini-conf at linux.conf.au (jan 2007)
 - Software Freedom Day (sep 2007)

cheers
Donna