[Offtopic] GLOBE at Night 2014

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 18:30:07 EST 2013

The GLOBE at Night project is happening again in 2013 but this time they are asking if participants can collect data for the 12 months of the year. It only takes a few min per month and you can help add to the data set by involving your science students. It kicks off late January so hit the ground running by downloading the information and registration pack from this website. As a registered GLOBE teacher I will give this activity a big thumbs up for learning.
	http://www.globeatnight.org/

> The GLOBE at Night program is an international citizen-science campaign to raise public awareness of the impact of light pollution by inviting citizen-scientists to measure their night sky brightness and submit their observations from a computer or smart phone. Light pollution threatens not only our “right to starlight”, but can affect energy consumption, wildlife and health. Nearly 100,000 measurements have been contributed from people in 115 countries during the campaigns each winter/spring over the last 8 years, making GLOBE at Night the most successful light pollution awareness campaign to date!

Regards Roland

Roland GESTHUIZEN