[Offtopic] [Oz-teachers] The Drum July 17

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 10:07:25 EST 2012

Here is a direct link. Scroll forward to 27:20 min mark
     http://www.abc.net.au/iview/?series=2955433#/view/968613 (only works
in Australia)

Nice to hear that we are doing a great job of teaching and learning in
Australia (and deserve more money for this via the AITSL career steps).
Thanks for the share Margaret :-)

On 17 July 2012 18:42, Margaret Lloyd <mm.lloyd at qut.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi all
> Watching a very detailed set of interviews on The Drum about education in
> Australia. Barry McGaw is speaking sensibly about comparing Australia to
> other countries. This is in response to Christopher Pyne's remarks about
> Australian teachers today. Barry McGaw has also talked about the AITSL
> career stages as being used for salary differentiation.
>
> Watch on iView if you've missed it.
>
> Cheers
> Marg
>
>  *Margaret Lloyd, Ph.D*
> Associate Professor, Faculty of Education
> Phone: +61 7 313 83375
> Fax:   +61 7 313 83985
> http://staff.qut.edu.au/staff/lloydmm/
> http://eprints.qut.edu.au/view/person/Lloyd,_Margaret.html
> Journal of Learning Design, http://www.jld.qut.edu.au
> Oz-Teacher Net, http://www.otn.qut.edu.au
> QSITE http://www.qsite.edu.au
>

> On 17/07/2012, at 6:26 PM, Greg G wrote:
>
> Speaking of the Olympic Theme, there is a website for Junior Schools
> called:
>
> www.PrimarySchool.com.au
>
> The latest one is related to London and of course the Olympics.
> I wondered if anyone was interested in receiving this as I have found it
> helpful but did not want to bombbard Oz Teachers with it.
>
> Of course, if you go to the website you can subscribe and check it out for
> yourself.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Greg

> Regards Roland

*Roland Gesthuizen* | eLearning Leader
Keysborough College
Acacia Campus | T +61 3 9798 1877
www.keysboroughsc.vic.edu.au

Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College

change the world; indeed it is the only thing that ever has." --Margaret
Mead