[Offtopic] mobile roaming and travel sims

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 18:41:16 EST 2011

What is the best way to keep in touch with home with a mobile phone whilst
overseas without blowing up my bank account? Use my old smartphone, buy a
travel SIM or just buy a cheap phone over the counter. Mobile data would be
nice on my laptop or iPad but I can just lurk around free wi-fi spots if it
is heaps cheaper (mobile access point?). Our family will be traveling in the
USA for 4 weeks and around Europe for 8 weeks from Australia.

--
Roland Gesthuizen - eLearning Coordinator - Keysborough Secondary College