[Moodle] Another Ultranet query...Kent

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Fri Nov 26 15:26:27 EST 2010

Hi guys,

just had a chat to my local ultranet coach(John Scott -wimmera/grampians region) about doing a presentation at my school(non-state school...Catholic) and have also had the go-ahead for it from my Principal to do so.

My question is this...Do you guys know of, or have heard about, any parallels that could be drawn with the Ultranet system in comparison to the upcoming release of the SIMON system used by the CEO(Ballarat diocese). Just doin a little background research in prep for when 'Scotty' is calendered for a session.

I appreciate that it is based on a learning management system for interactive use by students/staff and parents alike. Upcoming releases of SIMON are apparently also being pointed in a similar direction.

I figured this could also be a PLN event in this region perhaps when a date is scheduled. My reasoning is that we have some new teachers here now and who knows, they may transition to a state school and can at least be familiar with this 'Ultranet' concept.

any thoughts or ideas you could chuck my way guys?

ta in advance..

KB.

Kent Beveridge
ICT Co-ordinator, St.Brigids CSC, HORSHAM,Vic,Aus.