[Moodle] three issues

Ellen Sheerin esheerin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 15:31:31 EST 2010

1.  Working on a Moodle site set up by someone else

Course set up by Administrator in a category. Existing course imported, checked etc everything fine.

When you log in as a course creator within the category you have no control at all - basically in the new course as a student no matter what we tried.

When logged in as this user(course creator in the category) could create the course, import material and it was free to edit etc.

2. Playing with creating mathematical and scientific formulae - following on earlier discussion. Turned on filters as instructed - tried on 3 sites

 Local (on my mac) works perfectly

internet on my demo site - nothing works

another moodle site (not mine) - nothing works

3. Playing with items at home - could not be bothered going to get my test local install on the mac laptop(it was downstairs in the car  and it was cold and raining) so thought I would set up an installation on my windows machine - 30 minutes later gave up on the whole project. Could not get the local install working at all.

Seems to install but I never get past the first couple of screens - happily passes all tests then just hangs and gives me a blank screen.

Have tried again today with a fresh installer but still no luck.

No idea what is going on.

Any ideas/suggestions gratefully received

Ellen