[Moodle] PHP/MySQL & Action Script Courses

Kevork Krozian Kroset at novell1.fhc.vic.edu.au
Tue Mar 31 12:15:05 EST 2009

Hi Kent,

     I have to say you write in a very considered manner and no there is no offence taken -  just mutual respect !

     I am concerned that I am getting out of my depth speaking on behalf of VITTA so I have escalated this to Adrian Janson the President of VITTA to speak , if he wishes to , on VITTA's behalf regarding this thread.

    The only other comment I would make is that your focus is the cost. You did not seem to acknowledge any single aspect of the points I raised under what teachers get for the fee and then to decide if that is value or not. Your omission suggests that a PD is a PD no matter what you get or what is covered or who is standing out the front.

   I believe VITTA will be probably run with the numbers even if they make a loss.

  My preference would always be to be with my family during the holidays or after school, but that would be slightly off topic as it is not part of our professional discussion .....

  I sign off with respect for your position and empathy for the difficulties you and others may be under with seriously depleted PD budgets in many schools be it city or rural .

Take Care

Kevork Krozian
IT Manager , Forest Hill College
k.krozian at fhc.vic.edu.au
http://www.fhc.vic.edu.au
Mobile: 0419 356 034

>>> "Kent Beveridge" <kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au> 31/03/2009 9:19 am >>>
Hi Kevork, and VITTA
if I may, permit me to respectfully, make an observation on behalf of rural staff and as a PLN leader for Wimmera.
Up front, I have no idea just who is involved, how many people, hours or similar it has taken to prepare your course but...to the layman(ie me, and similar)...
Even if just 10 people participate at approx $600 per head that's $6000.
Now, up here (in the bush) the PD I just ran cost $33 a head (admitted some of that was sponsored) and we had the school provide, at no cost, the venue.

You've got to admit - these do raise some questions...
Additionally, the costs to get from a rural site to the city plus, potential accomodation etc costs..

So, you can understand my concerns and please, this is not a negative comment, just an observation.

Kent.

Kent Beveridge,
I.C.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
 http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/ <http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/>
Horsham Ph (03) 5382 3545
kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."