[Moodle] Re: [Yr7-10it] Moodle moot..what it is and when?

Dr Paul Chandler paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Mon Dec 28 14:20:30 EST 2009

Moodle will run on a "virtual machine" such as in qemu or virtual box.

You don't necessarily have to trash a machine to have one which is trashable!

> Covers it just nicely, we can even assemble some loan boxes if anybody
> wants
> to trash a computer by doing their own installation. Just doing this with
> some friends is a great way to learn how this works, even if you have
> access
> to a tallented technician or have been following Kevorks PHP and MySQL
> tutorials in his text book.
>
> I'll check with Phil if we can host it at Wellington SC again like last
> year. Perhaps the last Saturday of January, thus giving time for regional
> folk like yourself to make the trip to Melbourne and back.
>
> Regards Roland
>
> 2009/12/27 Kent Beveridge <kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au>
>
>> Yep, happy for the last week(end) in Jan Ro. As for venue...just name
>> it...I gotta come from the scrub anyways...!  My school goes back on the
>> 27th.
>>
>> For those wondering what is our annual Moodle Moot?...basically, bring
>> some
>> software(usually moodle or Ubuntu or something ya need help with), bring
>> box to install it on or to set up. Bring yourself, make maybe a day or
>> arvo
>> free for the above, have a yak and gain some PD hours for your trouble.
>> Oh, be ready for some laughs at either your own or someone else's
>> expense(a
>> sense of humor is a MUST).
>>
>> Me?  Would love some Web2.0 stuff and setting up a server box for my
>> CertIII kids who are about to be my first lot through! (lucky me!).
>> Been so long since i set up a server I am sooo rusty on that one! And as
>> aint a techie any more it becomes a greater challenge ....
>>
>> Other ideas?
>>
>> Here's the best bit for those who hate the money side (like me!)...Its
>> free. We all help each other and give up the day so we are all winners.
>> I am
>> not into all the technical stuff as thats not my background...I'm a
>> 'generalist'.
>>
>> So there ya have it for those who were wondering just what it is we do
>> at
>> the annual 'MOOT' !
>>
>> Oh, probably a smart move to bring an extension cord and a power board
>> with
>> ya too, plus a USB or similar with some spare space on it for some
>> electonic
>> docs transfer or similar.
>>
>> Hows that for a summary Ro, did that just about cover it?
>>
>> Kent.
>>
>> Kent Beveridge, St. Brigids CSC, Horsham. Ph (03) 5382 3545
>> http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/ email: kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au "This
>> email
>> and any attachments may be confidential. You must not disclose or use
>> the
>> information in this email if you are not the intended recipient. If you
>> have
>> received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete
> [...]

Dr Paul Chandler
Research Fellow
'Multimedia grammatical design and authoring pedagogy' (Kahootz) project,
School of Education, University of New England

located at Australian Children's Television Foundation
145 Smith Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, 3065
e-mail: paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Ph: 0400 198 187
Fax: (03) 9419 0660
Skype: paul.d.chandler