[Moodle] Migrating established Moodle to new server

Stephen Digby digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Sep 8 12:32:13 EST 2008

We went from 1.8 to 1.9 pretty seamlessly (from MY point of view)....
Backup up before starting (moodle file as well as database).
Put the new 1.9 moodle folder (php) where the old one was and fixed some
other links...

Our tech ironed out a few bugs mainly related to gallery 2 integration.
I ironed out a few bugs related to missing themes (navigation line does not
work in many old themes), some hacks  that I like etc

Works like a charm

Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager
mailto: digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Cheltenham Secondary College www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au
Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx: 9555 8617 Mb: 0431-701-028
Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and
pretty soon you have a dozen.   John Steinbeck