[Moodle] Migrating established Moodle to new server

Laurie Savage sav at pvgc.vic.edu.au
Mon Sep 8 10:52:43 EST 2008

It's time for me to bite the bullet and update my server software and
Moodle base. The problem is, last time I did that I lost everything
although I dumped my database and copied my MoodleData. I had backed up
individual courses but that meant restoring each one in turn.

MySQL didn't like the data-dump file for some reason and wouldn't
restore the database from it. This has happened to me twice so I'm a bit
chary of doing it again now I have several teachers using the system
regularly.

Has anybody had any luck upgrading the whole box and dice? and how did
they do it?

--
Laurie Savage
Markbook/Moodle Coordinator::Pascoe Vale Girls College::03 9306 2544