[Moodle] Dynamically changing wwwroot

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 10:21:15 EST 2008

I know it's the harder (in the short term) solution, but in the longer it
will make your life easier: fix the DNS issues. I'm guessing the hosts on
the intRAnet are performing a DNS lookup on moodle.pvgc.vic.edu.au which
sends them to the external IP? On a test machine on the intranet, try adding
"10.x.y.z moodle.pvgc.vic.edu.au" to the hosts file, and see if that gets
around your 403 errors.

Also, is there an expection for the moodle server in the proxy settings for
the clients?

On broader note, why does moodle really need to know what the document root
is? Why can't all links be relative? The only reason I can think of is if
the document root is not '/' - i.e. if moodle is access by
http://server.tld/moodle - in which case all links have to be relative to
/moodle, but the server part of the URL shouldn't really be necessary - am I
missing something here?