[Moodle] Roles and permissions

Stephen Digby digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Mon Dec 8 20:41:00 EST 2008

So that they can play.

Personally, I found it easier to create a course for every subject on the
timetable at the start of the year using a template and then teachers could
start to put resources in and play without the emotional hurdle of
creation..

I have also set the template course up so that all course file storage is
within a single moodle course called course resources.

This works better as students can access this course resources folder from a
network mapping at school or a single link from home (same link for all
courses).

Problem with course file storage areas is that they are tedious to manage.

Staff much prefer to have direct network mapping to the folder so that they
can cut, copy and paste without using the moodle upload interface.

Students much prefer to be able to go in and out of many course resources
without having to move between moodle courses.  They can also easily look in
course folders in which they are not enrolled.

Finally, they can search files from the network mapping (oh how moodle needs
to have a file storage search feature for each course - forum search is just
not enough !).

Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager
mailto:  <mailto:digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au>
digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Cheltenham Secondary College  <http://www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au>
www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au
Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx: 9555 8617 Mb: 0431-701-028
Two babies were born on the same day at the same hospital. They lay there
and looked at each other. Their families came and took them away. Eighty
years later, by a bizarre coincidence, they lay in the same hospital, on
their deathbeds, next to each other. One of them looked at the other and
said, "So. What did you think?" Steven Wright