[Moodle] Explaining Moodle with Lego

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 10:29:59 EST 2008

The URI that tinyurl redirects to is mangled.

Incidentally, can I point out that link shorteners like tinyurl are (IMHO) a
bad idea? They create a single point of failure, for example if the tinyurl
server goes down or runs out of money, or a database failure, then all links
are lost. Someone looking at the archives of this list in 5 years time after
the next dot-com crash might find these links useless. They can harbour
malware and spam - the user doesn't know where the link is going to take
them. If the tinyurl server/s are hacked, all hell could break loose.

But most of all, I want to see where the link will take me.

If you have a long URL to send in an email, you can usually prevent it being
chopped by putting it inside angle brackets <> e.g. <
http://some.really.long/url/goes.here.that.would.span.across.two.or.more.lines.html>
- most email clients will interpret that without the line breaks.

vik